PHP MySQL Introduction
By PHP, you can connect and operate the database.
MySQL with PHP is supporting the use of the most popular open source database system.
If you want to learn more knowledge you can view the MySQL site MySQL tutorial .
MySQL is what?
- MySQL database is a system in use on the Web.
- MySQL is a database system that runs on the server.
- MySQL whether in small or large applications are the ideal choice.
- MySQL is very fast, reliable, and easy to use.
- MySQL supports standard SQL.
- MySQL compile on some platforms.
- MySQL is free to download to use.
- MySQL was developed by Oracle Corporation, releases and support.
- MySQL is a co-founder Monty Widenius's daughter: My named.
The data is stored in MySQL tables. Table is a collection of related data that contains columns and rows.
When classified information is stored, the database is useful. A company's database may have the following table:
PHP + MySQL
- PHP and MySQL combination is cross-platform. (On Windows, you can develop applications on Unix platforms.)
Discover an inquiry or request.
Through MySQL, we can query specific information to the database and get the record set returned.
Consider the following query (using standard SQL):
mysql> set names utf8; mysql> SELECT name FROM websites; +---------------+ | name | +---------------+ | Google | | 淘宝 | | 本教程 | | 微博 | | Facebook | | stackoverflow | +---------------+ 6 rows in set (0.00 sec)
Statementsset names utf8; for setting a database coding, so that Chinese can be displayed properly.
The above query to select all of the data "websites" table "name" column.
To learn more about SQL knowledge, please visit our SQL tutorial .
Download the MySQL database
If your server does not have PHP MySQL database can be downloaded for free at this MySQL: http://www.mysql.com .
Facts About MySQL database
The great thing about MySQL feature is that it can be reduced to support embedded database applications. Perhaps because of this, many people believe that MySQL can only handle small and medium systems.
In fact, for those who support the site and access huge amounts of data (such as Friendster, Yahoo, Google), MySQL is the de facto standard database.
This address provides an overview of the company's use of MySQL: http://www.mysql.com/customers/ .