PHP is a server-side scripting language.
You should have basic knowledge
Before you continue, you need to have a basic understanding of the following:
If you want to study these subjects first, please our home page to access these tutorials.
What is PHP?
- PHP (full name: PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor, namely "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor") is a common open source scripting language.
- PHP script is executed on the server.
- PHP can be downloaded free of charge.
| PHP is easy to learn for beginners.|
PHP also for the professional programmer offers many advanced features.
What PHP File?
- PHP code is executed on the server, the results returned in the form of plain HTML to the browser
- PHP file the default file extension is ".php"
What can PHP do?
- PHP can generate dynamic page content
- PHP can create, open, read, write, close the file on the server
- PHP can collect form data
- PHP can send and receive cookies
- PHP can add, delete, modify data in your database
- PHP can restrict users from accessing your site some pages
- PHP can encrypt data
By PHP, you are no longer limited to output HTML. You can output images, PDF files and even Flash movies. You can also output any text, such as XHTML and XML.
Why use PHP?
- PHP can run (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.) on different platforms
- PHP and almost all of the servers being used is compatible (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP provides extensive database support
- PHP is free, you can download it from the official PHP resource: www.php.net
- PHP is easy to learn and can be efficiently run on the server side