SQL - Structured Query Language (Structured Query Language)
SQL is a standard computer language used to access and manipulate databases.
Common database management systems: MySQL, SQL Server, Access, Oracle, Sybase, and DB2
For those who want to store data and retrieve data from the database people, SQL knowledge is invaluable.
What is SQL?
- SQL refers to the Structured Query Language (S tructured Q uery L anguage)
- SQL gives us the ability to access the database
- SQL is an ANSI standard computer language
- SQL for database queries executed
- SQL can retrieve data from the database
- SQL can insert a new record in the database
- SQL can delete records from the database
- SQL is easy to learn
SQL database tables
A database typically contains one or more tables. Each table consists of a name identity (such as "customer" or "Order"). Table contains records with data (rows).
The following example is a table named "Persons" of:
The above table contains three records (each corresponding to a person) and four columns (last name, first name, address and city).
SQL query program
With SQL, we can query a database and get a result set returned.
Discover the program like this:
The result set will look like this:
How to learn SQL?
Visit our complete SQL Tutorial