Server-side scripting guide
ASP and PHP - server-side script
HTML files can contain text, HTML tags and scripts.
Server-side scripting is programming the server behavior. This is called server-side script or server scripts.
Typically, when a browser requests a HTML file, the server returns this file, but if the file containing the server-side scripting, before this HTML file as plain HTML to be returned to the browser will first execute HTML files script.
What server script do?
- Web page to dynamically edit, change or add any content
- User requests or data from the HTML form submission in response
- Accessing data or database and to return the results browser
- For different users to customize the page
- Improve web security, so that your page code will not be checked to see through the browser
Important: Because the script is executed on the server, the browser does not support script in case you can display the file server!
ASP and PHP
In W3CSchool, we demonstrate server-side scripting by using Active Server Pages (ASP) and Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP).
By ASP to write text
By ASP how to write text.
Adding HTML to text
How HTML tags to format text.