Introduction to XSL-FO
XSL-FO for XML data format for the output.
Before learning should have the basic knowledge
Before you study XSL-FO, shall XML and XML namespaces have a basic understanding.
If you want to study these subjects first, please read our XML Tutorial .
What is XSL-FO?
- XSL-FO is a language for formatting XML data
- XSL-FO refers to Extensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects (Extensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects)
- XSL-FO is based on XML
- XSL-FO is a W3C Recommendation
- XSL-FO is now commonly called XSL
XSL-FO formatting related
XSL-FO is an XML-based markup language used to describe to the screen, paper or other media output XML formatted data (information).
XSL-FO is often called XSL
Why there is such confusion it? XSL-FO and XSL the same thing?
It can be said, but we need you to make an explanation:
Styling (Styling) are two aspects ofthe conversion information and formatting information.When the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to write their first XSL working draft, the draft includes language syntax for transforming and formatting XML documents.
Later, W3C Working Group to the original draft into separate criteria:
- The XSLT , for transforming XML documents language
- XSL or XSL-FO, a language for formatting XML documents
- The XPath , through the navigation elements and attributes in an XML document language
The rest of this tutorial all about formatting XML documents: XSL-FO, also known as XSL.
XSL-FO is a Web Standard
XSL-FO in October 15, 2001 was established as a W3C Recommendation. Commonly referred to as XSL.
To read more about the W3C's XSL activities, please read our W3C tutorial .