Introduction to Web Services
Web Services allows your application to become a Web application.
Web Services through the Web to publish, find and use.
You should have basic knowledge
Before you continue, you need to have a basic knowledge of the following understanding:
If you want to study these subjects first, please our home page to access these tutorials.
What are Web Services?
- Web Services are application components
- Web Services using an open protocol for communication
- Web Services is an independent (self-contained) and self-describing
- Web Services can be found by using UDDI
- Web Services can be used by other applications
- XML is based on Web Services
How does it work?
Based Web Services platform is XML + HTTP.
HTTP protocol is the most common Internet protocols.
XML provides a language can be used in different platforms and programming languages.
Web services platform elements:
- SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol)
- UDDI (Universal Description, Discovery and Integration)
- WSDL (Web services description language)
In this tutorial, we will cover these topics in later chapters.