Introduction to SQL
SQL is a standard computer language used to access and manipulate databases.
What SQL is?
- SQL, refers to the structured query language, stands for Structured Query Language.
- SQL allows you to access and manipulate databases.
- SQL is an ANSI (American National Standards Institute American National Standards Institute) standard computer language.
What SQL do?
- SQL for database queries executed
- SQL can retrieve data from the database
- SQL can insert a new record in the database
- SQL can update the data in the database
- SQL can delete records from the database
- SQL to create a new database
- SQL can create new tables in the database
- SQL can create stored procedures in the database
- SQL can create a view in the database
- SQL can set permissions tables, stored procedures, and views
SQL is a standard - but ...
Although SQL is an ANSI (American National Standards Institute American National Standards Institute) standard computer language, but there are still a number of different versions of the SQL language.
However, in order to be compatible with the ANSI standard, they must be in a similar manner to collectively support the major commands (such as SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT, WHERE, and so on).
|Note: In addition to the SQL standard, most of the SQL database programs have their own proprietary extensions!|
Using SQL in your site
To create a Web site to display data in the database, you need:
- RDBMS database program (such as MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Use server-side scripting languages, such as PHP or ASP
- Use SQL to get the data you want
- Using HTML / CSS
RDBMS refers to the relational database management system, the full name of Relational Database Management System.
SQL RDBMS is the foundation, is also the basis for all modern database systems, such as MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle, MySQL and Microsoft Access.
Data stored in an RDBMS database object is called a table.
Table is a collection of related data items, which consists of columns and rows.