What is MongoDB?
MongoDB is a C ++ language, is based on a distributed file storage system open source database.
In the case of high load, add more nodes, you can ensure server performance.
MongoDB is designed to provide scalable, high-performance data storage solutions WEB applications.
MongoDB stores data as a document data structure by a key (key => value) pairs. MongoDB document similar to the JSON object. Field value can contain other documents, arrays and array of documents.
- MongoDB provides a document-oriented storage, the operation is relatively simple and easy.
- You can set any properties in MongoDB record index (such as: FirstName = "Sameer", Address = "8 Gandhi Road") to enable faster sorting.
- You can create a local or network data mirroring, which makes MongoDB there is more scalable.
- If the load increases (the need for more storage space and more processing power), it can be distributed in a computer network on a different node This is called fragmentation.
- Mongo supports a rich query expressions. Discover instruction uses JSON form tag can easily query document embedded objects and arrays.
- MongoDb using the update () command can replace the completed document (data) or some specified data fields.
- Mongodb in Map / reduce is primarily used for batch processing and data aggregation operations.
- Map and Reduce. Map function call emit (key, value) loop through the collection of all the records, and the key value passed to Reduce function for processing.
- GridFS MongoDB is a built-in function, can be used to store a large number of small files.
- MongoDB supports a variety of programming languages: RUBY, PYTHON, JAVA, C ++, PHP, C # and other languages.
- MongoDB easy to install.
history In October 2007, MongoDB by the 10gen team development. First introduced in February 2009.
- May 23, 2012, MongoDB2.1 development branch released! This version uses a new architecture, it contains many enhancements.
- June 6, 2012, MongoDB 2.0.6 release, distributed document database.
- April 23, 2013, MongoDB 2.4.3 release, this version includes a number of performance optimizations, enhancements and bug fixes.
- August 20, 2013, MongoDB 2.4.6 release is the latest stable version.
You can download the installation package in mongodb official website address is: http://www.mongodb.org/downloads . MonggoDB supports the following platforms:
- OS X 32-bit
- OS X 64-bit
- Linux 32-bit
- Linux 64-bit
- Windows 32-bit
- Windows 64-bit
- Solaris i86pc
- Solaris 64
There are several available for MongoDB management tool.
MongoDB provides network and system monitoring tool Munin, as a plug-in used in MongoDB.
Gangila MongoDB is a high-performance system monitoring tool, which is applied as a plug-in MongoDB.
GUI-based open source tools Cacti, for viewing CPU load, network bandwidth utilization, it also provides a plug-in used in monitoring MongoDB.
- Fang of Mongo - a web-based, constituted by the Django and jQuery.
- Futon4Mongo - a CouchDB Futon web of mongodb derivative.
- Mongo3 - Ruby language.
- MongoHub - suitable for OSX applications.
- Opricot - a browser-based console MongoDB by PHP written together.
- Database Master - Windows management tools of mongodb
- RockMongo - The best PHP language MongoDB management tools, lightweight, multi-language support.
Here are some of the practical application of the company MongoDB:
- Archive billions of records on Craiglist use of MongoDB.
- FourSquare, location-based social networking sites to share data using MongoDB on Amazon EC2 servers.
- Shutterfly, an Internet-based social and personal publishing service, use MongoDB variety of persistent data storage requirements.
- bit.ly, a Web-based URL shortening service using MongoDB store their own data.
- spike.com, a joint venture company of MTV Networks, spike.com use of MongoDB.
- Intuit Inc., a small business and personal software and service providers, using MongoDB tracking user data for small businesses.
- sourceforge.net, resource website to find, create and publish open source software is free to use MongoDB backend storage.
- etsy.com, a buy and sell handmade goods sites that use MongoDB.
- The New York Times, one of the leading online news portal, using MongoDB.
- CERN, the famous Institute of Particle Physics, CERN Large Hadron Collider data use MongoDB.